Welcome to the Horizon Middle School Counseling Department
Our mission is to provide all students with high-quality, comprehensive counseling services that develop and strengthen academic, social-emotional and career skills. Through the combined efforts of the student, family, school and community, we aim to create resilient and responsible citizens for a diverse and ever-changing world.
- Education should focus on whole-child development.
- All students can learn, grow and be successful.
- All students have the right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- All students need a caring adult they can turn to in a time of need.
- Provide services and support based on the needs of students and the school community.
- Advocate for students, teachers, parents/guardians, administrators, and the community.
- Improve our program through education and professional development.
The Horizon Middle School counselors are Roan Howard and Kara Estes.
Nebraska Family Helpline:
One phone call connects Nebraska families to the help they need for their children's behavior and mental health.
Is a nonprofit organization with a mission to improve access to higher education in Nebraska
Nebraska Family Helpline (888-866-8660)
(Text or Call)
The goal of the TeamMate program is to see youth graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education. To reach this goal, youth meet @one hour per week with a caring adult who serves as a mentor. Contact your student's counselor to receive more information about TeamMates.