Horizon Jaguar Football Information:
All 8th grade students interested in playing football this fall must complete all of the Required Paperwork before or by the time school starts. Paperwork can be turn in to the front office this summer or to Coach Kaslon on the first day of school. Students will not be allowed to participate until all paperwork has been completed and turned in. All of these things must be completed by the first full Monday of school if you want to participate in football. You can get your sports physical anytime this summer. Don't wait until the last minute because it could take a week or two to get an appointment.
1. Sports Physical (paperwork turned in to the office)
2. Medical Consent Form (blue paper)
3. Team Contract (yellow paper)
*All paperwork can be picked up at the front office over the summer or during Student Information Days.
Tips for Fall Football-----
1. Start acclimating yourself to the heat outside a few weeks before school starts. Exercise or be active outside a little each day and build up to about 90 minutes (that is approximately how long practice will be each day). If you do this the heat will not be so overwhelming when we start practice.
2. Athletes who run, lift weights (push-ups / sit-ups / jump rope) are more prepared and have a better chance to prevent injuries.
3. If you buy new cleats, start wearing them a few weeks before school starts to break them in. Anyone who does not have cleats can borrow a pair for the season. I have a lot of different sizes.
I look forward to seeing all of you when school starts. Football practice will begin on the first day of school (Thursday, August 12th). Make sure you bring PE clothes (t-shirt / shorts / cleats). If you have any questions please email Coach Kaslon at email@example.com. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Jaguar Coaching Staff:
Coach Kaslon—(Head Coach) / A-Team / Quarterbacks & Running Backs / Linebackers
Coach Howard—(Defensive Coordinator) / O-Line / D-Line & D-Ends
Coach Chramosta— B-Team / Receivers / Defensive Backs
Coach Hedges—Volunteer Assistant
Coach Kreis—Volunteer Assistant